Mission | Basic
Unique Approach | Core
Regarding School Reform
CLSR allows five basic assumptions to guide all of our work and
creates partnerships with school district leaders that share these
- There is an urgent need for dramatic improvement in the performance
of America's public schools.
- The key to improving the schools is the quality of the work
students are provided. To improve the quality of the work students
are provided, schools must be organized around students and the
work provided to students rather than around adults and the work
- Students are volunteers. Their attendance can be commanded,
but their attention must be earned.
- The changes required to organize schools around students and
student work cannot occur unless school districts and communities
have or develop the capacities needed to support change-capacities
that are now too often lacking in even the best run school districts.
- Leadership and leadership development are key components to
the creation of district-level capacity to support building-level